Thursday, February 14, 2008

New Years and more!

Okay, so I'm a month behind! At least it's still 2008!
We had some friends over for New Years Eve! A tradition that we love! Spending time with friends is always a lot of fun!
Here is Caleb cleaning up on New Year's Day!

Bad boys sitting on the counter!!!

The chefs (AKA Brent's best buds - Dan and Chad) made breakfast!

Dan's beautiful little girl - Allyson

Dan's other little cutie - Emma

Caleb and Austin (Chad & Tracy's son) being silly!

And Sheridan (Chad & Tracy's daughter) looking really tall!
I can't believe you are going to be twelve next month!
I remember the day you were born - Poopie! :)

Caleb concocted this outfit himself! Probably not going to make it in the fashion world! He wanted really badly to go outside and help Daddy shovel!!!

Mean ol' Mama said "No" though!

This face is too funny!

And this one is too cute!

As is this one!

Caleb doing what he loves - climbing all over us!

Brushing his teeth (I wish this picture wasn't so blurry)

No more cameras!

Helping "Nama" blow out her birthday candles. Notice the drool on his chin...yeah, that's going on the cake...yummy!


Time is flying by! We have been really busy! Brent has been doing some traveling for work lately and I have been really busy with my MBA classes and Bay Chorale. And we both are really enjoying the terrible twos. :( No, Caleb is pretty good...but he has his moments!

One thing that is getting a little old is his nightly walks into our bedroom and into our bed. He is very sneaky. He usually comes in without even waking us up. There are nights when we take him back to bed a couple of times. One night I was awake when he came in and I watched him. He had his blankie and puppy and threw them up on the bed (without hitting us) and then actually made a second trip back to his room to get his pillow, another blanket, and a little toy he was playing with that night before bed. Then he snuck up and in between Brent and I and laid down - What a sneak! Of course, I wake up a little later when I get kicked in the kidneys, or back, or head!
On the other hand, it is cute and I know he won't be little forever. Reminds me of this great country song by Billy Dean...

Let them be little 'cause they're only that way for a while
Give them hope, give them praise, give them love every day
Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle
Oh just let them be little

No comments: